We are thankful for those who have gone before us. Meadowcroft had its beginnings in 1939, when an investment broker named John Marsden saw the need for a Bible-teaching Sunday School for the children in Concordville, Pennsylvania, and decided to start one himself. As these classes for children grew, the church eventually added a Bible study for the parents and, eventually, a church was born.
The church met in various locations until it purchased the 11-acre Meadowcroft Farm on Westtown Road in 2002, near Cheyney University and Westtown School. The large barn on the property has been renovated into a worship facility and the "stone house" on the farm property now serves as the church's offices.
Meadowcroft is committed to a simple but robust plan to live as a community of Christians. This plan includes:
- Sunday services that tell God's story
- Musical worship through songs old and new
- Preaching that centers on the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- A welcoming and deep community that reflects God's love for us
- Sending those in our community out into the world to show people the goodness of Jesus