Everything that Meadowcroft believes is anchored in the Bible, the Word of God.
We happily stand with many churches in our community and around the world that also see the Bible as God's good and true Word about Him and to us.
More specifically, Meadowcroft is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Along with the other churches in our denomination, we subscribe to a type of Christianity known as "Reformed" Christianity. This basically means that we stand in the tradition that began with the Protestant Reformation in the 1500s. In practice, Reformed Theology emphasizes that:
- God is in control of all things.
- Human beings are wonderfully made in God's image, but are sinful (alienated from God).
- Only by God taking the initiative to love us can we be restored into a right relationship with Him.
- The initiative that God took involved sending Jesus Christ, His only Son, to live and die in our place. Jesus is the only way for us to be forgiven of our sins and to know God.
- It is only by the grace of God that we can know and follow Jesus. God gives His people the Holy Spirit, meaning that any good things that we do are because of His grace in our lives. We are not better than other people who do not know Jesus, but, as one pastor said, we are like beggars showing fellow beggars where to find food.
The details of what we believe can be found in the Westminster Standards. These are the standards that our church and the other churches in our denomination subscribe to.